Breastfeeding SupportWe’re here to help you succeed with your feeding goals even in complex situations. Schedule an Appointment
How We Can Help
Our Atlanta Lactation consultants can help with all of your lactation-related needs. Most insurances accepted. Booking, insurance information and self-pay rates are at the bottom of the page.
- in-home consults, office consults, and in some cases, telehealth consults
- prenatal consults
- breastfeeding and bottle-feeding including bottle refusal
- pump rentals
- pumping including expert flange fit and pump selection including wearable pumps
- bottle refusal
- starting solids
Book A Consult When
- you have any questions, any time whether it’s about breastfeeding/chestfeeding, pumping, bottle feeding and whether it’s before or after baby arrives
- you are pregnant and are planning to breastfeed or pump or both
- you want to induce lactation for your baby who is carried by a surrogate or who will come to you through adoption
- you are experiencing breast or nipple pain with pumping or breastfeeding or in general
- baby is having latch difficulty
- baby needs supplements of pumped milk or formula after feeds
- baby is refusing breast or bottle or fussy while breastfeeding or bottlefeeding
- baby is not gaining enough weight
- feeds are taking a long time (breast or bottle)
- milk supply is low
- milk supply is too high
- engorgement is making latching or pumping difficult
- you or your pediatrician suspects a tongue tie
Most insurances accepted. Please see the booking page for insurance information and self-pay rates.
We Rent Breast Pumps & Baby Scales
Atlanta breast pump rentals and scale rentals are also available! We rent Ameda Platinum pumps ($50/two weeks) and Tanita BD-815u neonatal scales ($25/week).
The Tanita BD-815u infant scale is the same scale as the Medela BabyWeigh. Tanita manufactures the BabyWeight for Medela.
These scales are accurate and sensitive enough to assess milk intake at the breast by simply weighing the baby before and after breastfeeding.
Book your scale or pump rental here or read on for more information about what to expect during a consult.
We look forward to working with you!
During Your Visit
You’ll meet with an experienced and compassionate International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) either in your home or in our home office in Morningside (near Emory University).
What to Expect & Online Scheduling
Prior to the appointment, you’ll provide a thorough history via our secure, HIPAA-compliant online forms. (It even works on your phone!)
Please start a full feed for baby 2 hours before the start of our appointment. The feed should wrap up 90 minutes before the appointment.
Please have available:
- A written log of the past 24 hours (stools, feed frequency and volume, if pumping, pumping frequency and output).
- If you are supplementing because baby is not latching, have a filled bottle with expressed breast milk or formula.
- All tools you are currently using for feeding.
- Your breast pump, all attachments, power supply.